Anite product. Nemo outdoor is installed in lap-top and performs drive test measurements of the entire air-interface of modern wireless systems (UMTS, LTE, LTE-A).
Handy is installed in regular mobile phones, performs air-interface measurements for LTE wireless systems.
Following the current trends in wireless systems technology, the lab recently acquired a quad-copter (IRIS+ by 3DR) for drone applications. Currently, IRIS+ is being used both for research and educational activities.
- Analysis of LTE network
- Sensor Applications
- An Arduino-Based Subsystem for Controlling UAVs Through GSM
|E/M radiation measurements|
Since 2008 the lab is equipped with the SRM 3000 selective radiation meter of Narda Safety Solutions and is able to perform measurements for: SafetySafety evaluation, Spectrum analysis, Time analysis
Example of field measurement
- Field measurements in urban and suburban environments, BSc Thesis completed in 2014.
|Narrowband Propagation Measurements|
Narrowband propagation measurements for outdoor and indoor environments.
- Indoor Power Measurements, BSc Thesis completed in 2012.
- Study of antennas radiation pattern in realistic environment
- Electromagnetic radiation measurements for GSM-900 networks
- G.V.Tsoulos, J.P.McGeehan and M.A.Beach, “Space Division Multiple Access (SDMA) Field Trials – Part I: Tracking and BER Performance,” IEE Proceedings on Radar, Sonar and Navigation, special issue on Antenna Array Processing Techniques, pp. 73-78, February 1998.G.V.Tsoulos, J.P.McGeehan and M.A.Beach, “Space Division Multiple Access (SDMA) Field Trials – Part II: Calibration and Linearity issues,” IEE Proceedings on Radar, Sonar and Navigation, special issue on Antenna Array Processing Techniques, pp. 79-84, February 1998.