Anite product. Nemo outdoor is installed in lap-top and performs drive test measurements of the entire air-interface of modern wireless systems (UMTS, LTE, LTE-A).
Handy is installed in regular mobile phones, performs air-interface measurements for LTE wireless systems.
[icon type=”fa fa-smile-o” color=”#f33f3f3″ fontsize=”18″]
Following the current trends in wireless systems technology, the lab recently acquired a quad-copter (IRIS+ by 3DR) for drone applications. Currently, IRIS+ is being used both for research and educational activities.
- Analysis of LTE network
- Sensor Applications
- An Arduino-Based Subsystem for Controlling UAVs Through GSM
|E/M radiation measurements|
Since 2008 the lab is equipped with the SRM 3000 selective radiation meter of Narda Safety Solutions and is able to perform measurements for: SafetySafety evaluation, Spectrum analysis, Time analysis
Example of field measurement
- Field measurements in urban and suburban environments,
BSc Thesis completed in 2014. The level of the electromagnetic radiation was studied in urban, suburban and rural
environments in the area of Tripolis. The results were compared to the exposure limits set by the Greek legislation and to those proposed by the Bio-Initiative report.
|Narrowband Propagation Measurements|
Narrowband propagation measurements for outdoor and indoor environments.
- Indoor Power Measurements
BSc Thesis completed in 2012. In this thesis extensive indoor power measurements were held in the first floor of the Department’s building in order to determine an indoor path loss prediction model for this area.
- Study of antennas radiation pattern in realistic environment
- Electromagnetic radiation measurements for GSM-900 networks
- G.V.Tsoulos, J.P.McGeehan and M.A.Beach, “Space Division Multiple Access (SDMA) Field Trials – Part I: Tracking and BER Performance,” IEE Proceedings on Radar, Sonar and Navigation, special issue on Antenna Array Processing Techniques, pp. 73-78, February 1998.G.V.Tsoulos, J.P.McGeehan and M.A.Beach, “Space Division Multiple Access (SDMA) Field Trials – Part II: Calibration and Linearity issues,” IEE Proceedings on Radar, Sonar and Navigation, special issue on Antenna Array Processing Techniques, pp. 79-84, February 1998.